[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_custom_heading text=”Site Menu” font_container=”tag:h2|text_align:center|color:%231dbaba”][vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id=”sidebar-menu”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”3/4″][vc_single_image image=”41″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][vc_column_text]Ghosts of Georgia Investigation report
On December 11th, 2010 GOGPI investigated claims of paranormal activity at a private residence in Marietta, GA. The house is actually behind a local cemetery. Claims of activity in the home include: Disembodied voices, shadow figures, unexplained noises such as banging and footsteps, TV’s turn on and off, apparitions, locked doors opening, door being pulled out of client’s hand, and EVP’s recorded.
Investigators & people present at investigation: Investigators – Ed Laughlin, Pat Riggins, Larry Conley, Gretchen Mann, Christine Riley and Beth Peters
Date Moonrise Moonset Time Altitude Distance Illuminated Phase
Dec 11, 2010 11:36 AM 11:19 PM 5:24 PM 49.7° 403,090 34.8% New at 12:36 PM 12-5-2010
Past Weather Conditions for KMGE
Observations prior to selected time: December 11, 2010 – 09:00 EST
Weather Conditions at December 11, 2010 – 8:55 EST
8:55 24 Hour Max 24 Hour Min
Temperature 36.9° F 50.5 at 14:55 31.1 at 6:55
Dew Point 23.4° F 25.7 at 22:55 15.4 at 15:55
Relative Humidity 58% 73 at 4:55 25 at 15:55
Wind Speed 0 mph 7 at 10:55 0 at 15:55
Pressure 29.00 in 29.14 at 9:55 28.99 at 7:55
Sea level pressure 30.17 in 30.32 at 9:55 30.17 at 7:55
Altimeter 30.15 in 30.29 at 9:55 30.14 at 7:55
Weather conditions mostly cloudy – –
Visibility 10.00 miles 10.00 at 9:55 10.00 at 9:55
Ceiling 25000 feet 25000 at 9:55 14000 at 22:55
Condition of the Home:
The home is five years old and in good condition, structurally sound, outside windows and door are tight with no drafts, all utilities are in good condition.
Equipment used by Investigators:
Cameras: Two Canon Rebel digital cameras and Four IR Video Cameras connected to a J2000 DVR.
EMF Meters: Electro Sensor EMF Meter, Cell Sensor, Digital EMF Detectors, and K-II Meter.
Audio Recorders: Sony P210 digital voice recorder and an Olympus D-10 digital voice recorder and Olympus VN-4100PC.
Thermometers: Cen-Tech mini non-contact infrared digital thermometer and an Omega HH68K ambient thermometer.
8:00 pm – Team set up, and left cameras rolling while team went to dinner and waited for client to return from work – Before leaving for dinner Pat and Beth went out to do a small investigation in the cemetery that backs up to the client’s home. Took pictures and did meter readings. No occurrences were reported, but evidence was reviewed.
Team 1 – Gretchen and Pat– 10:50 pm
1. 10:54 pm – Boy’s room – 64 degrees and .5 EMF
a. 10:58 pm – Start EVP session – 11:03pm End EVP session
2. 11:05 pm – Playroom – 62 degrees and .7 EMF – 1.3 EMF in the closet (checked other side of closet in client’s room 3.1 EMF in closet. Found amp on the floor not plugged in, but put off higher EMF readings)
a. 11:10 pm – Start EVP session – 11:15 pm- End EVP session
3. 11:13 pm – Base team saw something out of the parent’s bathroom in the master bedroom – Cam 5. Found nothing out of the ordinary during video review.
4. 11:16 pm – Client’s room – 60 degrees and .2-.3 EMF – 3.1 EMF in closet with amp on the floor.
a. 11:19 pm – Start EVP session – 11:25 pm End EVP session.
5. 11:23 pm – Base team saw something move in playroom closet – Cam 1
6. 11:31 pm – Hallway – 68 degrees and .2-.3
7. 11:35 pm – Team saw orb or light move across – Cam 5 –
8. Towards the end of the upstairs investigating, Gretchen was getting EMF reading in hallway, as she passed the boy’s room in the doorway the EMF went to 1.2. She followed it two steps at a time to the window and turned, and then it was totally gone on the meter. – End of sweep
Team 2 –Ed and Larry– 11:00 pm
1. 11:00 – 11:45 pm – Outside Cemetery – 2 times saw white flash of light, K2 hits, one spot kept lighting up the K2 in the cemetery. Both Ed and Larry heard footsteps in the cemetery at one time. They collected pictures and recordings to review later.
Team 3 – Beth and Christine – 12:50 am
1. 12:53 am – Client’s room – .28 EMF at light switch and along wall to the ceiling light in the center of the room. Very high reading for a light switch. Amp on floor of closet EMF reading 2.6. room felt warmer than last team reported, took temp – 70 degrees in room
a. 1:00 am – Beth and Christine heard a growl sound by the bed. Checked for animals under the bed and around, but could not find any.
b. 1:14 am – Start EVP session – 1:21 am End EVP session
c. 1:22 am – Christine said her camera took a picture by itself while going toward the playroom
2. 1:25 am – Playroom – Start EVP session – 1:32 am End EVP session
3. 1:34 am – Boy’s room – Start conversational EVP – 1:50 am End EVP session
a. During EVP Christine reported she was having fluctuating temperature readings and thought it might be responding to her questions. – End of Sweep
Team 2 – Ed and Larry – 2:00 am
1. Ed and Larry sitting at dining room table before starting investigation, and saw an unexplained light in hallway.
2. 2:06 – 2:10 am – Boy’s room – noticed camera was swaying from base view – Cam 3.
3. 2:14 am – Boy’s room – Start EVP – 2:20 am End EVP session
a. 2:17 am – Base saw big movement in Cam 3 – camera shifting
b. During EVP, Ed and Larry reported they heard a voice (male or female).
4. 2:25 am – Upstairs Hallway – Ed heard a knock and someone coming up the stairs – Beth was in front room, and had fallen out of her chair – could have been Beth he heard.
5. 2:30 am – Playroom – Start EVP – 2:40 am End EVP session
6. 2:30 am – Base had the ionize meter alarm go off 3 times while it was sitting on the table. Nobody was touching it.
7. 2:46 am – Base saw Cam 2 moving (swaying back and forth)
8. 2:50 am – Client’s room – Begin EVP – 2:58 am End EVP session – End of Sweep
Team 4 – Gretchen, Christine and Larry – 3:25 am
1. 3:28 am – Boy’s room – 3:32 am Start EVP – 3:56 am End EVP session
a. During EVP – The team reported there was a temp drop from 67 to 61 degrees in 3 minutes.
2. 4:01 – Playroom – Start EVP – 4:19 am End EVP
a. Christine found her EMF meter in playroom after EVP session. Nobody remembered taking the EMF meter in there. She is not sure how it got there.
3. 4:20 am – Client’s room – 4:27 am Start EVP – 4:47 am End EVP session
a. During EVP, Christine reported she heard a man’s voice right before she saw her flashlight roll on the floor by itself.
End of Investigation 4:50 am
We were asked to come to the location to try and find the cause of what was occurring in the home. Not only the client had unexplained occurrences but her parents and two younger brothers all experienced some too.
The house backed up to a local cemetery. One of our train of thoughts was if there was paranormal activity in the house could it be coming from the cemetery so we sent two teams outside to gather data in the back yard as well as the part of the cemetery right behind the house. The took pictures and EMF readings as well as ran EVP sessions.
Inside the house the temperature remained constant except for one time when it dropped six degrees in a three minute span, unable to find cause. EMF reading’s were within normal range throughout the house except around electrical equipment where it was a little higher as expected. There was a unexplained fluctuation in the hallway at the boys room and inside the room itself.
Some of the investigators had a few personal experiences that could not be explained. We also collect numerous EVP’s, inside and outside the house. A few pictures that were taken outside showed s couple light anomalies that were not seen by investigators. There was also a video clip that showed a light appear then disappear in the playroom, unable to explain the cause.
With the client’s claims, some of the investigators experience along with some of the data we collected we feel that the home does have paranormal activity which appears to be intelligent in nature. It does not appear to be harmful. With one investigation at the location we cannot say that the home is haunted. It may transient spirits that come and go from time to time. We would like to do a follow-up investigation to see if we can duplication some of our findings and perhaps get move proof of activity in the home.
Ghosts of Georgia Paranormal Investigations
Personal Experience summaries from investigators on the investigation:
Pat: As far a personal experiences go, the only thing that I experienced was Ed’s meter going off twice on the kitchen table without anyone touching it. This was when Christine, Gretchen and I were at base.
Christine: My personal experiences were 1) the same one Pat had and 2) My flashlight was moving by itself. 3) Temperature responses to questions.
Larry: In the cemetary saw a flash of white light twice, heard what sounded like footsteps,and got some hits on the k-2. Inside the home I thought I heard a male disembodied voice, heard a knock and a drum like sound.
Ed: My personal experiences consisted of what sounded like a footstep in the cemetery and heard a disembodied voice twice while investigating upstairs. Recorded one of them but it turned out to be a knock and sounded somewhat like a drum beat. When we first arrived and we were doing the walk through I felt a higher energy level at the top of the stairs. Also while out in the cemetery I saw a red light appear then vanish, unable to explain it.
Beth: My only personal experience I had was a vision in my mind’s eye while sitting in the boy’s bedroom. I had a vision of a girl being carried out of water – she was dripping with water from her arms and legs while cradled in someone’s arms. She was limp, but I could not tell if she was dead or alive. I could not see the face of either of them, but I could tell the girl in someone’s arms was a young woman. It was a painterly sort of vision. Almost like the image had been painted. I went down stairs to ask the client if she ever painted anything like I had a vision of, or knew of any painting that looked like this. She said “no”, but the family had an outside psychic describe the same vision a month earlier. She said it was the exact same description of events.
While setting up the camera in the child’s room I thought I heard a voice…unsure of what it said or the gender…the boy was on the opposite side of the room that I heard the voice. Downstairs watching the monitor…thought we saw the camera in the child’s room move constantly during active investigation and when the room was empty. Did not care for the mother’s bedroom. All the other rooms were felt ok to me. Saw the flashlight pointing in a different direction as it was facing my direction after Christine asked for it to turn on. Then all eyes on the flashlight…it moved back towards me. this was on carpet.[/vc_column_text]