[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_custom_heading text=”Site Menu” font_container=”tag:h2|text_align:center|color:%231dbaba”][vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id=”sidebar-menu”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”3/4″][vc_single_image image=”41″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][vc_column_text]Ghosts of Georgia Investigation report
On May 21st, 2012 GOGPI investigated claims of paranormal activity at Old South Pittsburg Hospital in South Pittsburg, TN. The hospital has a long history of recorded evidence of paranormal activity found on their website www.hauntedhospital.net. It has been investigated by numerous Ghost Investigation teams over the past few years. Some of their findings and the history of the hospital can be found on the hospital’s website.
Investigators & people present at investigation: Investigators – Ed Laughlin, Beth Peters, Larry Conley, Christine Riley, Gretchen Mann, Melissa Griffin, Laurie Filsinger and Guest Investigators Jill and Debbie.
Weather conditions: May 21st, 2011
Date Moonrise Moonset Time Altitude Distance Illuminated Phase
May 21, 2011 12:03 AM 10:29 AM 5:14 AM 34.5° 384,512 81.7%
Past Weather Conditions for KCHA
Observations prior to selected time: May 21, 2011 – 09:00 EDT
Weather Conditions at May 21, 2011 – 8:53 EDT
8:53 24 Hour Max 24 Hour Min
Temperature 66.9° F 84.9 at 17:53 59.0 at 6:53
Dew Point 60.1° F 61.0 at 0:53 54.0 at 15:53
Relative Humidity 79% 94 at 6:53 36 at 16:53
Wind Speed 3 mph from NE 10 at 19:53 0 at 12:53
Pressure 29.33 in 29.40 at 10:53 29.27 at 18:53
Sea level pressure 30.03 in 30.11 at 10:53 29.98 at 18:53
Altimeter 30.06 in 30.13 at 10:53 30.00 at 18:53
Weather conditions mostly cloudy – –
Visibility 10.00 miles 10.00 at 9:53 10.00 at 9:53
Ceiling 30000 feet 30000 at 16:53 9500 at 9:53
Condition of the Hospital:
The Hospital was opened in 1959 and was open for almost forty years closing in 1998. During the time it was closed the building had deteriorated some with some windows broken out, leaking plumbing etc. Over the past three years the building has been renovated and is still in the process of renovation. Many of the problems have been corrected but some still remain. The structure is sound with the exception of a few broken windows. Some of the interior has become moldy, especially on the lowest floor. The majority of the building is in good shape.
Equipment used by Investigators:
Cameras: Two Canon Rebel digital cameras and Four IR Video Cameras connected to a J2000 DVR.
EMF Meters: Electro Sensor EMF Meter, Cell Sensor, Digital EMF Detectors, Mel-8704R-KII and K-II Meter.
Audio Recorders: Sony P210 digital voice recorder and an Olympus D-10 digital voice recorder and Olympus VN-4100PC.
Thermometers: Cen-Tech mini non-contact infrared digital thermometer and an Omega HH68K ambient thermometer.
Base Readings – 4:45 pm
Stairway 2 – 3rd floor – 74.2 degrees, 0.0 EMF
3rd floor doorway – 75.5 degrees, 0.4 EMF
Child Room – 75.0 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Sterile Supply Room – 76.0 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Recovery Room – 74.0 degrees, 0.01 EMF
Room 310d – 77.0 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Nurses Station – 76.5 degrees, 0.01 EMF
Room 310W – 77.0 degrees, 0.01 EMF
Room d 309W – 77.0 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Across from d 309W – 78.0 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Room d 308W – 77.5 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Room 302 – 77.9 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Room D 307W – 77.5 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Room D 306W – 77.8 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Room 304 – 77.5 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Room D 305W – 78.8 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Men’s Locker Room – 76.4 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Elevator Hallway – 76.0 degrees, 1.2 EMF
Linen Room – 75.2 degrees, 0.5 EMF
Cylinder Room – 75.2 degrees, 0.7 EMF
Basement Door – 69.6 degrees, 0.7 EMF
Hallway Basement – 67.0 degrees, 0.9 EMF
Maintenance Room – 68.0 degrees, 0.7 EMF
Across from Equipment Room – 66.1 degrees, 0.4 EMF
Back room across from Maintenance Room – 65.1 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Broken Towel & Toilet Room – 66.0 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Room 633 – 66.2 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Paint Room – 66.0 degrees, 0.2 EMF
Freezer – 66.0 degrees, 0.5 EMF
Kitchen – 66.3 degrees, 0.3 EMF
Kitchen – 66.8 degrees, 0.9 EMF (one min later)
Stove Vent Room – 67.1 degrees, 0.2 EMF
Hallway next to Café – 66.7 degrees, 0.3 EMF
Cafeteria – 71.2 degrees, 0.3 EMF
Purchasing Hallway – 67.2 degrees, 0.6 EMF
Office Supply Room – 66.0 degrees, 0.0 EMF
646 Conference Room – 66.8 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Hallway across Kitchen – 65.8 degrees, 0.6 EMF
Men’s bathroom locked – Women’s bathroom – 65.3 degrees, 0.3 EMF
Water-heater room – 64.9 degrees, 1.1 EMF
Lockers in basement room – 65.0 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Engineering Dept – 64.4 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Stairway from coming up from basement – 74.0 degrees, 8.3 EMF (light socket)
2nd Floor, Room 3 – 73.5 degrees, 0.7 EMF
Room Y – 73.0 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Room L – 73.0 degrees, 0.6 EMF
Room N – 73.0 degrees, 0.3 EMF
Outpatient waiting room – 73.8 degrees, 0.2 EMF
Dictation room, nursing station – 71.7 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Imaging Files – 75.0 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Imaging Secretary – 73.8 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Biohazard Room – 70.8 degrees, 0.0 EMF
X-Ray Room – 71.1 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Back room from X-Ray room – 71.8 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Triage Room – 71.0 degrees, 0.0 EMF
X-Ray Body Viewing Room – 71.0 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Clinic Hall – 71.0 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Pharmacy 70.6 degrees, 0.0 EMF
4-4 Dead body room – 73.5 degrees, 0.0 EMF
ICU – 74.9 degrees, 0.2 EMF
Back ICU – 75.3 degrees, 3.3 EMF
Inf. Control Room – 75.3 degrees, 0.0 EMF
File Room – 73.3 degrees, 0.0 EMF
Wedding Chapel – 69.9 degrees, 0.3 EMF
Team 1 – Larry, Christine and Laurie
1. 6:38 pm – Door A (Jim’s place)
a. 6:41 pm Start EVP – 6:47 pm End EVP
2. 6:50 pm – Pharmacy
a. 6:53 pm Start EVP – 7:00 pm End EVP
3. 7:03 pm – Records Room
a. 7:05 pm Start EVP – 7:11 pm End EVP
4. 7:16 pm – Wedding Chapel
a. 7:22 pm Start EVP – 7:27 End EVP
5. 7:30 pm – X-Ray room
a. 7:32 Start EVP – 7:38 End EVP
6. 8:03 pm – Base – heard loud bang/ possibly door closing
7. 8:06 pm – Base – heard more banging
8. 8:06 pm – Base – Christine heard female voice and shuffling
9. 8:30 pm – Base – Noise in the hall to the right behind base.
Team 2 – Beth, Melissa, Debbie
1. 6:38 pm – 3rd floor – OR room – Last room on Left
a. 6:59 pm Start EVP – 7:04 pm End EVP
2. 7:05 pm – Endoscopy Lab – Level one K2 hit – 1.0 EMF – 1.7 EMF
3. 7:06 pm – Baby Nursery
a. 7:07pm Start EVP – 7:14 pm End EVP
b. During EVP session, team heard scratching on carpet very loud. Debunked – Opened closet door and rat ran across floor out of a box.)
4. 7:25 pm – Psych Hallway
a. 7:30 pm Start EVP – 7:37 pm End EVP
5. 7:49 pm – 1st floor X-Ray room
a. 8:04 pm Start EVP – 8:13 pm End EVP
6. 8:18 pm – X-Ray/ Body Viewing room
a. 8:19 pm Start EVP – 8:30 End EVP
7. 8:52 pm – End of Sweep
Team 3 Ed, Gretchen and Jill
1. 8:58 pm – Room 305
a. 9:00 pm Start EVP – 9:07 pm End EVP
b. During the EVP session, team heard loud bang noise, like a door slamming 2 times.
2. 9:10 pm – Nurses Station – 3rd floor
a. 9:11 pm Start EVP – 9:19 pm End EVP
3. 9:23 pm – Baby Nursery
a. 9:24 pm Start EVP – 9:30 pm End EVP
4. 9:34 pm – OR – last room on the left.
a. 9:35 pm Start EVP – 9:48 pm End EVP
b. Ed and Jill heard voice.
5. 9:50 pm – Recovery Room
a. 9:55 pm Start EVP – 10:03 pm End EVP
b. During EVP Gretchen heard a male voice; Cindy came out of room and told them she heard a female voice on the monitors.
Team 1 Larry, Christine and Laurie
1. 11:35 pm – 3rd Floor
2. 11:38 pm – Baby Nursery
a. 11:44 pm Start EVP – 11:51 pm End EVP
b. During EVP – Beth paged doctor over the PA, team reports hearing noises, banging, door closing.
3. 11:55 pm – OR room – with the 3 beds
a. 11:57 pm Start EVP – 12:02 am End EVP
4. 12:05 am – Room 305 (team heard screaming down hall before going to 305. They were doing a straight jacket experiment.
a. 12:05 am Running EVP from OR – 12:13 am End EVP
5. 12:15 am – Recovery Room – Again, we called them over the PA to go to the Recovery Room
a. 12:22 am Start EVP (walking in and out of rooms “checking on patients”) – 12:40 am End EVP
Team 3 Ed, Gretchen and Jill
1. 11:37 pm – Morgue Entrance
2. 11:56 pm – Morgue
a. 11:56 pm Start EVP – 11:59 pm End EVP
3. 12:04 am – Room N
a. 12:04 am Start EVP – 12:11 am End EVP
4. 12:22 am – Pharmacy (smell of pharmaceuticals) – Clinic Hall – 3rd door – Gretchen saw movement, almost like they scared someone…
a. 12:23 am Start EVP – 12:30 am End EVP
Team 4 Larry, Melissa, Debbie, Laurie, Christine and Jill
1. 12:50 am – Kitchen Basement
a. 12:59 am Start EVP – 1:15 am End EVP
2. 1:16 am Engineering Room
a. 1:16 am Start EVP – 1:29 am End EVP
3. 1:34 am – Back up on the 3rd floor.
4. 1:52 am – OR with the 3 beds
a. 2:13 am Start EVP – 2:23 am End EVP
5. 2:30 am – End of Sweep – Everyone comes back to base.
We took base reading, EMF and Temperature, throughout the whole hospital with both in normal ranges. There were no changes during the investigation other than the normal temperature drop during the night. We did not record anything on our IR, Full Spectrum, or digital cameras. We did record numerous EVP’s throughout the hospital.
Each investigator had some type of personal experience (see below) ranging from seeing shadows, hearing disembodied voices, sounds of doors slamming close, other unexplained noises, etc. Some of the experiences verified what others have experienced in the hospital.
With our experiences , the EVP’s we recorded, and the numerous stories from many different people we feel like the building is very active and is haunted. Thanks to Cindy and Doug for a wonderful experience.
Ghosts of Georgia Paranormal Investigations
Personal Experience summaries from investigators on the investigation:
During walk through tour:
1. In what is called Jim’s place, I saw what appeared to be shadow pass through the 2nd to the last door on the left going down the hall away from the emergency room entrance.
2. On the third floor, as soon as I walked through the door, I could feel a heavy energy, by the time I made it to the first hallway, it was like I went right through an energy wall that completely took me by surprise causing me to become incredibly overwhelmed to the point of tears and having to leave the area immediately. Once I regained my composure, I fought past it and continued with the walk through and the investigation. However, I could not make myself go back onto the third floor without someone being with me. For a good 20 minutes after this incidence, I continued to feel pain in my upper right hand chest.
1. While in the records room, I heard a male disembodied voice. Larry acknowledged that he heard it also.
2. While sitting at base, I kept hearing what sounded like doors slamming, and upon asking all team members and the caretakers if any of them were making the noises, I discovered it was not them.
3. While investigating the third floor:
4. In the nursery, we heard what sounded like a door slamming. We were questioning the doctor at this time.
5. Standing in the psych ward, we mocked a patient escape and restrained Larry in the straight jacket. When we approached the nursery, Larry hollered out to protect the babies when I heard a female scream/cry out. Laurie acknowledged hearing it as well.
In the morning:
1. At 7:10 am my phone rang waking me up. Now keep in mind I had no reception 98% of the time. I got up to get my phone resulting in waking Jill and Gretchen up. I had to lay right back down because I got dizzy from standing up too fast. Then I heard what sounded like Ed’s cane sounding as if he was walking around his room or coming down the hall. I said, “Well, it sounds like Ed’s up.” Gretchen then replied that yes he must because she could hear his cane, and Jill said that he had to be up because the cane gave him away. So I got up to catch up with him, hoping to find some coffee already made. When I reached the nurses station where base was set up, I could tell that something was off. No one was in sight, and it was so quiet. I realized at this time that the power was out. I then ran into Doug, who then asked me if I knew where everyone was and wanted to know if I knew who had left the back door opened. That is when he confirmed that the power was out and just had gone out. We found out that Ed had been up at least an hour before all of this and already on the third floor investigating, so the walking cane sound could not have been him.
2. I kept feeling like I was getting itchy type pinches on my legs. I thought that maybe I was getting bit by bugs. I mentioned to either Gretchen or Melissa, I told them what I was feeling, they said that they had experienced the same sensation there, and we thought that maybe it was bugs. Well, I don’t know if it was related or not, but when I got home, I took a shower right away, and when I was drying myself off, I noticed a mark on my leg. It was not a normal mark that you would just find on your leg, it looked to me almost like a human bite mark (not saying it is, not saying it isn’t) with only one half of it very prominent. I took a picture of it. Today, it was gone and I took another picture of it to show that it is no longer there. The color in the legs from yesterday to today is because yesterday’s picture was taken directly after getting out of the shower.
3. One other thing, just a quick sensitive remark. I also picked up on the name Mary and Margaret when I stepped into the head nurse’s room. I asked Cindy and Doug if there happened to be anyone there that had those names, and the both with big eyes said yes, and upon walking out of the door of the store, Doug told me that I hit those names right on the head.
My personal experiences, heard a male voice in the medical records room could not make out what it said, also heard what sounded like a scream on the third floor. Heard what sounded like a door being slammed on several occasions throughout the night, twice while at base, and twice while on the third floor.
I got scared to death when I heard scratching on the floor while doing an EVP in the Baby Nursery. It was so loud and sounded like it was coming toward us. After investigation we found the source – A RAT! It ran across the floor when we opened the closet door. Scared me half to death! Also had lots of random KII spikes, but debunked it when I discovered our IPhones make the meters spike even if they are on silent. If the IPhone is receiving a message or email, it will make the KII meters go off.
My experiences consisted of hearing a door close, couldn’t find a cause, while investigating with Melissa and Larry Sunday morning I heard a door rattle as if someone was trying to open the door. During set up I was at base by myself at one point and the cell sensor at the other end of the counter went off a couple times with no one around it.
Cell sensor went off at base./K2 responses to questions at base with who I felt might be a nurse…not conclusive. Saw movement in the glass while at base in the room behind base…it was still daylight.
Lost my photo card…never found it, took pictures in the basement…not convinced it’s paranormal
Got the letter R in the basement kitchen, then ron, rhonda, rhonda rhonda (my only psychic vibe)- in my head
Heard a male voice in the hallway one word…started with an H (one syllable) while Ed was addressing Dr. Haverun. At the same time, caretaker heard a little girls voice.
In Jim’s hallway saw a head peak out of the third to the last room on the left, then dart back in.
Heard some knocks and bangs in my room at night….I told it to stop.
Woke up to Christine’s phone, she answered it, she then hung up. Jill, Christine, and I were awake. Christine said…”well Ed is up.” Cli-clank..of his cane passed our door and down the hall towards the nurse’s station. I commented on it as did Jill. We all heard it. Only to find out Ed was upstairs for the last hour investigating, best experience in a long time.
I was also very moody, felt alienated, and left out a lot. Was pretty happy upon arriving there. This is unlike me…and not normal.
My personal experiences for OSPH is as follows:
1) While in the basement I felt a weird tingling on my right leg, it almost felt like someone was brushing up against it really lightly, I even mentioned it to Larry, because it felt weird.
2) During the walk thru on the 3rd floor, as I walked in toward the nurses station, I felt physically ill and dizzy. I thought I was going to throw up, but once I walked forward I felt better.
3) I heard a door close on the 3rd floor while up there with Ed and Larry on Sunday morning.
4) I thought I saw a shadow move across one of the OR rooms on the 3rd floor.
During both the walk through and the investigation, I was taking readings with my K II. It was almost constantly spiking in every area we visited except the chapel down in the basement. When we entered that area, it never moved past one green light. As soon as left the chapel and started back upstairs, it resumed the spiking pattern once again. For consistency, I was using a coin to keep the meter on in place of my finger…..and even asked other team members to carry it to see if it occurred while they had it and it did. I have never seen it do anything like this in the past.
While in the records room, Christine and Larry heard a male disembodied voice. At the same time, I got very, very cold.
In Jim’s hallway, I was wearing headphones and was attempting to catch “live EVP’s.” I heard a laugh that sounded like “ha ha” and reported it to my team. Larry advised that he did capture an EVP that was exactly what I heard.
In the nursery I heard what sounded like doors slamming.
While at base I heard what sounded like doors slamming.
I was with Christine and Larry on the third floor. As Christine stated, we mocked a patient escape and restrained Larry in the straight jacket. When we approached the nursery, Larry yelled out something along the lines that he was getting close to the babies and I heard a shrill noise that sounded like a scream coming from the end of the hall.
I, Larry and Melissa were in one of the OR’s early the following morning and I observed what appeared to be a red light bounce along the floor of the other OR and then disappear into the wall.
I know this probably falls more into the sensitive category but I just feel compelled to point out that every time I was on the 3rd floor either by the elevators or in the corridor between the 2 OR’s, I was always very uncomfortable. I definitely had a sense of being watched in those areas.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]