On August 29, 2009 GOGPI investigated claims of paranormal activity at Moon River in Savannah, GA. Claims of activity including: Hearing footsteps, apparitions being seen, being pushed in the back by some unseen force, seeing shadows, feelings of dread and uneasiness, seeing orbs of light.
Investigators & people present at investigation: Investigators – Ed Laughin, Beth Peters, Christine Riley, Corey McHargue, Investigator Trainees Patrick Riley and Kari Kesley – Investigator Guests from: Rosemary Ellen Guiley.
Weather conditions: Moon phase- 1Q at 7:42 AM – Aug 27th
Aug 29, 2009 –
4:34 PM 1:29 AM
– 9:28 PM 30.8° 404,238 73.9%
Past Weather Conditions for KSVN
Observations prior to selected time: August 29, 2009 – 09:00 EDT
Weather Conditions at August 29, 2009 – 8:55 EDT
8:55 24 Hour Max 24 Hour Min
Temperature 73.0° F 81.3 at 18:55 69.8 at 6:16
Dew Point 73.0° F 77.0 at 9:41 69.8 at 6:16
Relative Humidity 100% 100 at 13:09 83 at 18:55
Wind Speed 3 mph from W 9 at 13:52 0 at 13:09
Pressure 29.83 in 29.91 at 11:25 29.78 at 19:55
Sea level pressure 29.88 in 29.96 at 11:25 29.83 at 19:55
Altimeter 29.88 in 29.96 at 11:25 29.83 at 19:55
Weather conditions clear – –
Visibility 10.00 miles 10.00 at 9:41 0.25 at 7:26
Ceiling – 11000 at 15:30 100 at 4:05
Precipitation variable accumulated Since Midnight In 24 Hours
Precipitation 1hr 0.00″ 0.39″
Precipitation 6hr 0.00″ 0.05″
Condition of Moon River: The building that Moon River sits in was built in 1821 and is four stories in height with a basement. It has gone through several renovations over the years. The main floor contains, the kitchen, the main dinning room, the main bar, and part of the Brewery, this is where the main business is at. This part of the building is well maintained and in good shape. The basement contains another dinning area, smaller bar, more of the brewery, storage rooms, and an area where the pool tables were at. This area is also in good shape. The second floor is the business office, employees lounge area, and storage for the brewing supplies along with other storage. There areas that are used for the before mentioned uses are in good shape. The floor as a whole is structurally sound but not as well kept as the main floor. The railings for the stairs leading to the third floor are in bad shape and should not be relied on for support. The third and fourth floors are banned from the general public. The third and forth floors are structurally sound with some safety issues, bad stair railings and holes in the floors near the upstairs fireplaces. The windows can be drafty on windy days and outside noises and people can be heard if somewhat loud.
Equipment used by Investigators:
Cameras: One Rebel digital camera and Four IR Video Cameras connected to a J2000 DVR.
EMF Meters: Cell Sensor cellular phone/EMF detection meter, Electro Sensor EMF
Meter, and K-II Meter.
Audio Recorders: Sony P210 digital voice recorder and an Olympus D-10 digital voice
recorder and Olympus VN-4100PC.
Thermometers: Cen-Tech mini non-contact infrared digital thermometer and an Omega
HH68K ambient thermometer.
12:00 am – First Walk through, to get to know the building before starting the investigation with the lights off. Beth has some personal sensitivity on the 3rd floor – little room to the right as you walk up the stairs. 9A was painted on the wall. There was a hole in the floor. The reason Beth noticed the room was as she was going up the stairs to the 4th floor, something made her feel like going back down the stairs, and pulled her this room that she did not notice the 1st time she walked by it. No explanation for the feeling. Going up to the 4th floor, we noticed lots of dead birds, holes in the floors, exposed areas, and some unsafe conditions. Elevator shaft was exposed and too dangerous to investigate. Other personal experiences were noted by some team members on the first walk through but not recorded.
Investigation began at 1:27 am, with 3 teams:
Team 1 – Corrie, Christine and Kari
1. 1:30 am – Front of building – 3rd floor, room to the left – Average 84 temp, EMF readings .0-.0
A. 1:43 am – EVP session
B. 1:49 am – Temperature suddenly drops to 79 while girls were sitting in the same spot conduction EVP. Team watching cameras saw a circling orb near floor – went up on Camera 2, right where the girls were sitting.
C. 1:50 am – Team watching cameras saw a shadow coming out of a door behind where the girls were sitting – camera 1 & 2 – It was reported later that the team conducting EVP saw the same shadow.
D. 1:54 am – End EVP session
• Sensitive report – Team felt like they were being watched as they conducted the EVP session.
2. 1:56 am – Front of building – 3rd floor, room to the right – Average 83 temp, EMF readings .0-0
3. 2:05 am – 4th floor, whole room upstairs, shaped like an attic – large open area. – Average 82 temp, with open windows, EMF readings .0-0
• Sensitive report – Team did not report any personal experiences.
4. 2:13 am – 3rd floor, by the stairs – EVP session again
5. 2:20 am – 3rd floor, room on left again – another temp drop to 78 degrees.
6. 2:30 am – Team 1 returned to base.
Team 2 – Ed and Rosemary
1. 1:35 am – Basement, dining room – EVP session
a. 1:40 am – Basement, dining room – heard running noises above them. Validated nobody had moved on the floor above them.
b. 1:45 am – End EVP session
2. 1:50 am – Storage area in basement – EVP session and investigation
a. 1:57 am – End EVP session
3. 2:00 am – Area by the barrels in the back of the basement by the stairs going back up- EVP session
a. 2:10 am – End EVP session
4. 2:12 am – Bar area in the basement – Puck session
a. 2:18 am – End Puck session.
5. 2:20 am – Area by the barrels in the back of the basement by the stairs going back up – Puck session.
a. 2:25 am – End Puck session
6. Team 2 returned to base.
Team 3 – Beth, Patrick and Christine
1. 2:44 am – Basement, dining room – Average temp 70 degrees, EMF .0-1
a. 2:47 am – Basement, dining room – EVP session
b. 2:54 am – End EVP session
c. During EVP session, team heard lots of movement upstairs, talking, chairs moving, footsteps, voices etc… almost like the bar was open for the day. It was confirmed nobody was moving the floor above them.
2. 2:59 am – Storage area and boiler room – Team was going to investigate but saw really large rats walking on the pipes above them, and coming toward them – decided to abandon investigation in this area.
3. 3:09 am – Basement area by the bar – Beth’s camera battery went dead, but was fully charged at the start of the investigation.
4. 3:17 am – Team 3 returned to base.
5. 3:18 am – Beth checked her camera battery again at base, and it showed fully charged now that they are no longer in the basement.
6. 2:18 am – Team 2 left Basement 1
As all 3 teams where packing up equipment – Kari and Corey took the manager of Moon River down to the basement to let him hear the sounds of all the movement in the floor above them from the dining room in the basement. He was really surprised to hear how loud it was, and how real it sounded as if it was a normal day upstairs with the bar in full operation. It was confirmed again that nobody was moving in the floor above them in this area.
Moon River is a wonderful place and a good place to investigate the paranormal. With all the stories over the years, reading from our equipment, and experiences from previous investigations we feel that Moon River is haunted and actively so. As far as personal experiences this investigation seemed to be quiet compared to other investigations, but we still had some personal experiences, recorded some EVP’s, and look forward to returning in the future for another investigation!
Ghosts of Georgia Paranormal Investigations